Friday, May 18, 2012

Abby's First By-Herself Dinner

I am so excited to share with you my daughter's first time preparing the entire evening meal. She has helped me cook many times, but never without me stepping in, teaching her how, chopping the onion, etc. It has always been a combined effort--which is special all in itself.

But this particular evening she wanted to prepare the whole meal from top to bottom without any help. She's 9 and perfectly capable, so I let her. I sat close by and kept a close eye out, but I didn't interfere at all. She cooked chili dogs for supper and got carried away on the clouds!

She boiled the hot dogs and warmed up the chili, yes, but she also puts Cheetos in a punch bowl and...well, you get the idea.

So very sweet!


She was so excited about fixing her special dinner that she went to her room and dressed up, putting an apron over it to keep clean.

Isn't she just the cutest?!


Here are some kids cookbooks we use and love (some covers have changed):



Linking Up to these AWESOME blogs:
A Bowl Full of Lemons
Taking A Time Out Thursday



"
Organize and Decorate Everything

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, this is such a lovely tablescape and a special dinner. Abby is such a beautiful young lady. She should be so proud of herself, she did an amazing job. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marty! I read Abby your comment and she thought that was so cool that you liked it. Thanks for your sweet comment. It means a lot. -Tabitha

      Delete

I love your comments! They inspire me to keep writing and I read every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...