Monday, August 20, 2012

Making Space Mondays, Link party #12


I've been working on my home-school yearbook lately and I'm just enjoying myself so much that I wanted to share some of my homeschooling pictures with you. I used to write a home-schooling blog back before this one but I quit because everyone seemed to have an opinion and it was just too much stress--and too personal, for me. But...sometimes when I'm writing on this blog, I get so bogged down in house stuff that I forget to show the home in it all!

So, I wanted to take a moment and show you our little home-schooling family. I hope you enjoy this glimpse into our home and maybe, just maybe, I'll start adding in a glimpse on a more frequent basis.


We've been home-schooling our children from the get go. We're what some people refer to as Second Generation Homeschoolers. My husband was home-schooled from 5th grade on and graduated a home-schooler. I was home-schooled from 4th through 6th, so I just got a glimpse and then went back into public school. So, you see, we've experienced home-schooling from both sides, as students and then as teachers--second gen. We wouldn't have it any other way--this is a life-style for us!




Abby and Abram play with little Joshua while Mama cooks breakfast some mornings.


Nearly every school morning, Aunt Leah joins us for our school day. Just in time for dishes! (Actually, she's a wonderful helper who usually volunteers for chores.) They all work as a team to get the kitchen tidied up.

In the evenings, Daddy always takes out some time with the kiddoes. Little Joshua started waving his hand and making noises at the airplane, so as any good daddy would, he took him for a plane ride. Don't worry guys, Daddy's got a private license to fly. This became a nightly ritual for a while after that ride, as Joshua would repeatedly grunt and kick his legs to get daddy back over to the plane.

My sturn, I mean business face.





Chai Tea is a special treat at our house and they love making themselves some when they can.

Table work takes a big chunk of our day, but we enjoy doing it together.





This day for Social Studies, we reread one of their old favorites, "The Story of Ping", a book about the Yangtze River. It went well with their day's history lesson. 

While the painters were painting our house a few months ago, our school days were moved to Marmi's house, where we learned to make our own butter.

I hope you enjoyed the little detour. I know I did!

Today, let's get a little creative for our link party. If you want to post the projects and spaces, than post away--but if you would like to take a little detour as well, than post a link relating to who you are as a family. Happy Linking!!

32 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for hosting this party and for giving us a glimpse into your everyday homeschooling life. I am your newest follower. Thanks also for leaving me a sweet comment over at Posed Perfection. I hope you'll stop by again for a visit and maybe even a follow back. Have a great week!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thank you for stopping by and linking up. I can't wait to make my way through them and read everyone's post. You have a beautiful family. Nice to meet you. -Tabitha

      Delete
  2. What a neat peek into your day! Homeschooling is such a great calling! I have several friends who have been called to home school and have been so blessed! You must be a very organized person!
    dee dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I try to be, but honestly I can't seem to get on top of order. I'm naturally a very organized person, but I'm swimming upstream with 3 children who have WAY too many toys. Thanks for stopping by Dee Dee! It's always nice to see you here. -Tabitha

      Delete
  3. Okay I am all linked up. I love the tour of your day. Homeschooled for 17 years. I know how it goes for sure. I host a party on Sundays and you should link up for sure. Folks always need good info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine! I'll check it out. Seventeen years is amazing! How many children did you teach? -Tabitha

      Delete
  4. Thanks for inviting! Have a great week.
    Greetings from Germany!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thanks for stopping by. Nice to meet you. I love meeting people from around the world and seeing all the different ways people decorate and fix up their homes. Looking forward to reading your post. -Tabitha

      Delete
  5. I would love to hear more of your homeschooling experience - but don't stress yourself. Have a great school year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks, Emily! I think it would be a lot easier now that I've been on that rollar coaster a few times more. I have a feeling that when I was writing that blog, more experienced moms were just trying to help and it just confused me with how much info was coming my way too fast. Thanks for stopping by. It's always nice to see you! -Tabitha

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for inviting me to your link party! I have added my fridge meal planning system and look forward to reading everyone else's posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for posting a link! I'm looking forward to reading it. Getting my menu planning and habits in cooking straightened out is one of my primary goals for our next home (about 3 months away). I've been neglecting that area of my home and need to learn! -Tabitha

      Delete
  7. Hello Tabitha,
    Thanks for the invite to your link party!!! Nice blog you have here. I will definitely be back. I have linked to you on my blog, under "Blog Love"

    Have a nice day,
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kristina!! I really appreciate that. I can't wait to read what you've posted. I can't get enough of organizing blogs, lol. I wish I had the time to sit and read them for hours a day, but then my house would look like a wreck. Thanks for stopping by. -Tabitha

      Delete
  8. Thanks so much for visiting my site and inviting me over. I just joined your site via linky.

    You and your followers are invited to come and link up at One Creative Weekend on OneCreativeMommy.com. The party is open until Wednesday. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for linking up and for the invite! Can't wait to check it out. -Tabitha

      Delete
  9. I also added your party to my party page so that I and my followers can find you each week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heidi! I just visited your blog and linked up. Your blog looks amazing! -Tabitha

      Delete
  10. Thanks so much for visiting my site and inviting me over. I just joined your site via linky.

    You and your followers are invited to come and link up at One Creative Weekend on OneCreativeMommy.com. The party is open until Wednesday. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heidi! I loved your blog. I hope you get lots of people that way. -Tabitha

      Delete
  11. So thank you so much for hosting! So glad I found your blog and party! Love your blog. Your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm so happy you liked my blog. It's nice to meet you. -Tabitha

      Delete
  12. I loved the glimpse into your family life and homeschooling. What a great way to grow up and learn in such a great environment. Thanks for sharing the moments with us. Thanks too for the party. I'll have to see what I might have to link up. If nothing, I can already see there is plenty here to keep me occupied. Thanks for visiting at Quirky Vistas and leaving me a sweet comment. I'm your newest follower. Hope you'll come back by and follow too, if you like.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Liz! I'll come by and check out your blog. I hope to spend a lot more time on my blog after we move in our new home in a few months. Right now the posts are a little thin because I don't have time to write them. I can't wait to get back to blogging more regularly. It's really nice to meet you. -Tabitha

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much, Tabitha. I appreciate you stopping by and following. Nice to meet you too. By the way, I saw the Dave Ramsey book on your sidebar. I always enjoy listening to him. It was in part because of his radio show that I worked to get debt free (almost, all but my mortgage - but I'm working on that too!) Gotta love being able to say. "I'm debt free!" or to yell it out, if you are so inclined. I am just happy to BE debt free. A wonderful thing. Hope your move goes well.
      Liz

      Delete
    3. That's great, Liz! I'm always glad to hear another person is living the debt free lifestyle. We don't have our mortgage paid off either. And, it makes me nervous, but we just got a loan to fix the house so that it would sell. We'll be paying that off as soon as the house sells, but we kept it small enough to pay off in a few short months even if it doesn't sell. I just hate debt, so I hate that we needed to do that. Soon, I'd say about 3 months, we'll be back on the debt free wagon again, and then we'll start working on the next step. -Tabitha

      Delete
  13. Thank you for the party invite! I hope you're having a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz! I hope your day is going well, too. -Tabitha

      Delete

I love your comments! They inspire me to keep writing and I read every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...