Friday, November 16, 2012

New Plans for Blog

Usually when people say they have new plans for their blog, it's probably adding something to it or expanding, but not this time. I'm actually going to slow down and focus.

I've discovered there are certain things I thoroughly enjoy about blogging and things that are just not for me. For example, I LOVE teaching people about things: how to clean out and organize a fridge or how to make one chicken into 5 different meals, for example. But, I've discovered that I just don't want to host parties anymore. I love parties! However, I think I'm more of a party goer and not a party hoster. I've also discovered that I don't do well with deadlines. Yeah, most people get a little pressure and they work harder--me, I give up and don't finish.

So, I'm going to stop pressuring myself to produce "on time" and just start writing when I want to. Shouldn't that be how it is anyway? It's not like I'm going to a job and I'm certainly not making any money doing this, so why the pressure on myself. I really care more about the content than producing a certain number of posts a month. But, I haven't been acting that way. I've been acting like I'm reporting to some unseen boss, lol.

Well, that unseen boss out there is fired! I am my own boss, making and paying myself about 1 cent a month. I am officially laying off Stress from my blog and am hiring Freedom.

Okay, enough silliness. I'm just tired of feeling pressure to conform to this expectation I put on myself of what my blog "should" be. I may even experiment for a while to see what I really enjoy the most. And I'm most definitely going on some rabbit trails.

Oh, and PLEASE READERS: If you are lurking would you please just drop me a line or two? You are the reason I write. And my numbers are showing readers but I have no idea who you are.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...