Sunday, September 16, 2012

Making Space Mondays, Link Party #15 continues



Nine times out of ten church is sitting in a pew soaking up what the preacher has to say, but today it's at a park watching my children play. Church is extra special on days like this. I sit and watch them laugh and hollar, with smiles so big it reminds me of how blessed I am. I think nothing of what they haven't learned yet or how messy the house is. I just think about their beautiful smiles, their unhindered happiness, and their goodness. It's only at these church "services" of 5 people that I truly get that God accepts me. That He wants me to be happy and free and myself. That He's not worried about the trash that's overflowing my can or the dark ring in the guest bathroom that would only take minutes if I'd just get to it. No. He's thinking about the smile He created me to wear. he allows a slight breeze to flutter the yellow cover of my most resent book. He opens my ears to hear the light scraping sound of dead leaves against the park walkway. He brings to my attention the everyday cars passing by to remind me how even when my life is busy, He is still calm and in control...and I am still under His wing.

-Thoughts from This Morning. Tabitha

8 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the great party!
    www.alderberryhill.com
    alderberryhill@nl.rogers.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the invite, and thank you for hosting!

    -Fotini

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for visiting and inviting me to your party! I'll be back!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the invite! Have a great week,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the great party and invite! Now following you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your "Church" experience for this week! I'm not a regular to ANY blogs, and I meandered here through links originating from Pinterest as I drink my coffee. I absolutely love those unscripted God moments when you can clear your mind, appreciate all you've been given, let go of self-condemnation for stupid little housework failures, and be reminded that God loves you (ME!) deeply and personally!!!
    If I never make my way to this page again, I at least wanted to let you know that my soul was inspired and encouraged!!!
    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tabitha,

    Thank you for the awesome link party! Make sure you pop by on Wednesday and link up on my very first "Inspiration Wednesday" Link party :)

    Blessings to you and your family,

    Kristina

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They inspire me to keep writing and I read every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...