Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Countdown is HERE!

I'm starting the countdown today. We're moving!!!

Actually we'll be moving twice.

Closing date on selling this house is planned for April 30!! That's only 10 days away. Whoohoo.



Closing date on the new house is planned for May 4. BUT...they can't move out that day...not even that week. And, for really sweet reasons, too. They want their children to stay in the same school until the end of the school year. So, we'll be buying the house from them and renting it back to them for about 6 weeks.

So, then where are we going to go?

Well, my parents are preparing to put their old house on the market and we're going to rent it from them for that 6 weeks. We'll be moving most of our stuff to a storage unit and just moving some of our furniture and our necessities into their old house. The realtor they're hiring will take pictures with it furnished and if there's showings I can light a candle and fluff the pillows for it.

We're hoping it will be a win-win for everyone. Their mortgage for that time period and utility bills will be paid, they'll get pictures with furniture (that sells better and faster), and we have a place to stay.

Hopefully, I can get some pictures of our stay there. It's where I lived my high school years out-- the good, the bad, and the embarrassing. I think it could be a very emotional stay.


So...the move has officially begun!

Here's our first load heading to storage. This is the fist storage unit we've ever rented. I can't WAIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! They inspire me to keep writing and I read every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...