The Sunshine Award is given from bloggers to bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere. I am honored, truly honored to be considered an inspiration. Thank you very much for this award!
So here's how the award works:
First, you should thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them. Next, answer the following questions about yourself. Then, choose 10 of your favourite bloggers and link their blogs to your post. Be sure to let them know that you are nominating them for the award. Last, be sure to copy and paste the award to your blog!
Here are my answers to the questions:
1. Favourite colour - Blue. No...brown. No wait, I really love grey...but only in decorating. Sigh. I can't decide.
2. Favourite animal - Fish...truly. I LOVED my fish. It lived about 7 years and would do little tricks for us. When he was hungry, he would splash the top of the water when we walked by. And when Josh would walk by...only Josh mind you...he would swim as fast as he could back and forth across the tank. SUCH a neat fish, and I really miss him!! I'm tearing up...over a fish, lol.
3. Favourite number - pie. Okay, I know that's a total cop-out, but I'm kinda undecided on that one, too.
4. Favourite drink - Starbuck's Verona with heavy whipping cream as the creamer and Agave nectar as the sweetner. It HAS to be Starbucks (because my dad works there and I'm loyal like that), but I like trying new kinds.
5. Facebook or Twitter -Facebook is totally evil (and a little addicting) and Twitter is boring. So...neither. But I'll let you know on Facebook should I change my mind.
6. Good book or good movie - For entertainment, a good movie. I love to veg. But I like to write, so that's really not the answer I'm "supposed" to give. I have one completed novel, and about 3 or 4 other half-books that I gave up on. AND, I totally love to leave my spelling and grammar bad just to get on people's nerves--hee hee.
7. My passion - writing! Truly...I have an entire shelf full of what I've written or books about writing. I've been published, but I won't spoil it by telling you what in because it's totally non-impressive. Although, I did win a poetry reward once--no, not in school. I've gone to writing conventions, submitted material, won a contest once, and changed genres about a bazillion times. Then, I gave it all up because I was getting mad at the kids for interrupting me when I was absorbed in my own fiction world. Just...not okay. Just another random tidbit--the fastest I've ever written a book was for Nanowrimo (National Novel Writers Month) and made it to 35000 words in 1 week's time. I won a signed novel that wasn't even published yet--and only got to chapter 3. Shameful, I know.
8. Giving or getting gifts - Getting gifts! Seriously. I LOVE getting gifts. It excites me and builds me up. I love giving gifts too, especially to my children, but there's just something tingly when your daughter hands you a homemade gift.
9. Favourite day - June 10, 2000--when I knew I had snatched him for good!
10. Favourite flower - probably either a Daisy or a Rose, and there's one that looks like a white bell, but I don't know it's name.
So there are some things you probably didn't know about me. These awards are a neat way to share things about ourselves that wouldn't necessarily come up in our posts or "about me" pages.
Here are the 10 blogs that I would like to give the Sunshine Award to (in no particular order):
(I realize that some of these are extremely busy bloggers that might not have the time to take out and complete this...but they deserve the recognition anyway. A couple of these ladies inspire me in real life, too!! Feel free to do or not do this, but know that you inspire me all the same ladies.)
1. It's Overflowing
I find inspiring things on each of these blogs! Please check out their wonderful blogs and see all the great things they have shared.
Congrats to all of you. You deserve it!
Thanks again to Hilda and Teresa for awarding me the Sunshine Award! Y'all are just great.