Saturday, October 13, 2012

Packing Like a Madwoman!

We're on the verge of putting our house on the market and I've been packing like a mad woman. I wish I had taken more pictures, but I've just been sooooooo busy!! Also, we've hired painters, carpeted the entire back of the house, and fixed about a bazillion little things. Whew! I'm exhausted. So, even though I haven't taken a lot of pics, I guess you want to at least see a few--right??

Some of the happenings this last month included:

Fitting tons of stuff from the bedrooms into our breakfast room so the painters can do their job.



Bagging up dozens of bags for donation. We took about 7 trips to the Salvation Army, all containing about 5-8 full bags. I wish I were exaggerating.


Packed 40 boxes!!!

 
Camped in the living room to get away from paint fumes and out of the way for the carpeters.


Watched as the old went out and the new came in. Can you believe the color of that carpet?


Watched the toothpaste green dissapear from our walls.
 
 
 
 Pretty new carpet.
 





It was a little sad to see them paint over Abby's pink walls! The new carpet brightens up everything, though.


I set up the vanity to look like a desk area and put a more modern curtain in the bathroom.



Look how much brighter our room looks!! I'll have to show before afters when things settle down.


The lack of clutter helps a ton! I think we actually donated about a third of our possessions--seriously.


And, even though this isn't where I put the furniture, you can see how much better the den looks with the yellow-green out and the new in.
 
Well, that's it for now folks!
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are a busy lady! Can't wait to see more pictures when you have time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! I just haven't had much time at all for my blog lately. Can't wait until this move is behind me! -Tabitha

      Delete
  2. Cute blog! I'm a new GFC follower :)
    xo
    www.domesticsweetheart.com

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They inspire me to keep writing and I read every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...