Here is what you'll need to make your own Baby Wipes:
- Cutting Board and Serrated Knife
- 2 Cup or larger liquid measuring glass
- A Tablespoon measure
- A seal-able container the size of 1/2 a paper towel roll (Rubbermaid does not sell the one I have now anymore-I wish they did)
- Viva Paper Towels (I buy a 6 pack and it last me as many months)
- Baby Shampoo
- Baby Oil
- Cut the roll of paper towels in half. This is the hardest part and Josh usually does this, but each time you cut it in half you get 2 whole tubs out of it. You won't have to do this but about once every 2 months.
- This is how it looks when it's cut through. See all the lint looking stuff? That side goes at the bottom so that it's easier to handle.
- Fill your measuring glass up a little past 2 cups. I have a 2 cup measure, so I just fill it as full as it'll go. If you need exacts, I would try about 2 1/3 cup the first time and adjust to preference (you can always drain excess water or add more).
- Put in 2 tablespoons of your baby soap.
- Put in 2 tablespoons of your baby oil.
- Stir it well before putting in the paper towel roll.
- Lower your 1/2 roll into the tub with the rough side down.
- Seal it tight and turn upside down. I usually let it set over-night, but it should be finished soaking through in a few hours.
Linked up to these fabulous blogs:
You're Talking Too Much
A Bowl Full Of Lemons
DIY Home Sweet Home
Tatertots and Jello