Friday, August 24, 2012

Moving Challenge #4

Stuffed Toys, Pillows, and Bulky Blankets


As I get nearer putting our house on the market, it starts becoming clear what is making the most mess in our home--stuffed toys and pillows! They are big and easy to throw around. They are dragged here and there, they are pulled into each corner that makes a cool tent, and 10 minutes after making the beds they're back on the floor again.

They needed to be put up like yesterday!

So, that's the next challenge:

Gather all but one stuffed toy for each child, all decorative pillows and blankets, and any other plush items that aren't needed on a daily basis. I just bagged mine all up in big recycle bags, ready to throw in the trunk of a car or moving van on the big day. If you're worried about water or bugs, I would double bag them before putting them away in whatever space you have to store your packed things.

2 comments:

  1. That's actually a really good idea! When my husband and I moved recently we found ourselves shoving all the blankets and comforters into boxes, didn't even think of bags! Even the long distance movers suggested putting them in bags, I have no idea where our heads were. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was also really convenient while packing other boxes and needing just a little more stuffing to untie the bag and grab a sheet or blanket. So far the only negative I've noticed is the sloppy look of them. No big deal until they come avalanching out of my hall closet onto the painters, lol. But it's really fast packing and they don't get used up again, which was my main goal for that time anyway. -Tabitha

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They inspire me to keep writing and I read every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...